The advancement of the Paramount ME mount, with higher load capacity and improved performance!
The Paramount ME mounts, the predecessor of the Paramout ME II, revolutionised remote observation amongst amateur astronomers. It was the first affordable mount for amateurs with cables looped through the RA axis and corresponding remote control software.
The Paramount ME II
- Weighing only 38 kilograms (coordinate axes), the Paramount ME II supports telescopes weighing up to a total of 109 kilograms (depending on device length).
- With internal cabling through the polar axis, it provides more space for additional accessories.
- The maximum periodic error is 7 arcseconds (peak-to-peak, without further PEC correction via the control software)
- Average positioning accuracy is 30 arc seconds (with Tpoint software support)
- Both axes are fully backlash-free due to belt-driven axle drives
- Positioning and tracking possible up to three hours after crossing the meridian (45°)
- Calibrated polar alignment adjustment device
- Cable routing within the mount, with sufficient space for additional cables
- Design with no friction clutch enables permanent T-point model and, therefore, steady high-quality positioning accuracy of better than 30 arcseconds
- TheSkyX Professional Edition
- TPoint Add On
- Camera Add On
- Multi-OS and Six License Add On for Mac and Windows
Our expert comment:
This is the version with motor based encoders!