More about the series Regal M2...
High-end Regal M2 series spotting scopes are the successors to our Regal F-ED series. Regal M2 series provide the sharpest images, whether by day or night. They are ideal for birdwatching and nature-watching, for looking into the distance, and also for the occasional bit of astronomy.
This top range of Celestron spotting scopes provides all the features that are expected from more expensive spotting scopes, including ED glass (Extra Low Dispersion). The housing is made of magnesium alloy, reducing the weight as compared to their predecessors by more than 14%. Also, the focusing mechanism, with a fine adjustment knob, has been improved and now works twice as fast. Regal M2 series spotting scopes are waterproof and nitrogen-filled to prevent internal fogging. The housing comes in a special new green finish. It comes complete with a carrying case, allowing you to take it anywhere.
The Regal M2 series can also be used for photography - simply attach your DSLR camera, using the appropriate T2 ring and the accompanying T2 adapter, to the spotting scope to transform it into a telephoto lens. A Regal M2 series spotting scope is the ideal companion for any nature lover.
- ED lens - minimizes chromatic aberration and enables accurate colour fidelity. Increases resolution and contrast.
- XLT coatings (FMC: fully multicoated): Celestron XLT coatings enhance the light transmission, resulting in a brighter image with increased contrast and resolution.
- magnesium alloy housing - robust and durable material, lighter than conventional aluminium alloys.
- coarse and fine focusing adjustment for perfect sharpness. New, faster mechanism.
- rotatable tripod adapter - Allows you to move the eyepiece into a comfortable position
- wide-angle zoom eyepiece - fast magnification adjustment. With adjustable eyecups to ensure optimum eye relief for spectacle wearers
- standard 1.25" connection - optional 1.25" eyepieces can be easily used
- T-adapter for connecting 35mm / DSLR camera
- retractable lens hood with rear sight - protects against stray light and moisture. The rear sight is used as a location aid in order to find your target quickly
- comfortable 45° viewing angle
- waterproof to protect against an adverse environment
- adjustable eyecups for use with or without glasses
- soft carrying case
Dual focus - So you will always find the exact point of focus
It is sometimes quite a job just to focus the image. But the dual focusing system on the 80mm ED spotting scope makes this extremely easy. Once you have roughly focused on an object, the fine focusing then comes into play to give you precise focus and the image will just 'light up'.