MM4 77 Fieldscopes are the latest evolution of the MM concept pioneered and developed by Opticron over the past 25 years to meet the ever growing demand for lightweight, space saving high performance field equipment. Combining all the features that have made our 50mm and 60mm travelscopes the #1 choice for thousands of users the world over, the MM4 77 GA ED delivers our maxim; “smaller, lighter, brighter, sharper” to a new audience. These 80mm users generally want the maximum brightness and magnification available when viewing or recording birds and wildlife from a fixed position.
Designed & manufactured in Japan, the all-new 77mm HDF ED optical system delivers benchmark resolution and colour contrast and comfortably outperforms many older Opticron 80mm models. What is more remarkable is the size and weight of the overall package. The MM4 77 GA ED is just 315mm long and weighs 1250g fully armoured.
Compatible with SDL, HDF T and HR eyepieces, existing fieldscope owners can use eyepieces from other Opticron models with MM4 77 Fieldscopes. Recommended eyepieces include the 40936M SDLv2 18-45x and 40862M HDF T 18-45x (please see recommended accessories).
Product features at a glance:
- 77mm HDF ED APO lens design
- Fully multi-coated optical system
- Lightweight polycarbonate and alloy body
- Fully protected in soft touch textured rubber armour
- Nitrogen waterproof
- Wide wheel focuser with accurate 9:1 ratio dual focus
- Retractable lens hood with integrated objective lens cover
- Large footprint +/- 90° rotating tripod sleeve
- 30 year guarantee